TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Viking Waffles collects information from you and about you. Here are some examples of the information we may collect:
• Contact Information. For example, we may collect your name, mailing address, telephone number and email address. We may also collect your mobile phone number.
• Payment Information. For example, we may collect your billing address and payment information.
• Information You Post. We may collect information you post in a public space on our Platform, such as when you submit a customer review.
• Social Media Information. We may collect information you post on our social media pages. We may also collect your social media profile information and information posted on your page.
• Employment Information. If you apply for a job through our Platform, we collect the information you include in your application. For example, this may include the name and address of your employer and your employment history.
• Information You Submit. We may collect information when you send us a message through the “Contact Us” page or similar features on our Platform. We may also collect information when you enter a promotion, contest or challenge. This may include information about your height, weight and fitness. It may also include photos, videos and other user-generated content that you submit.
• Demographic Information. We may collect your birthdate, age, gender and zip code. We may also collect information that could identify you and relates to your hobbies, interests and shopping behavior.
• Device Information. For example, we may collect the type of device you use to access our Platform. We may also collect your device identifier, IP address or mobile operating system.
• Log Information: We collect log information about your use of the Platform. This may include the type of browser you use, access times, and pages viewed. It may also include the page you visited before navigating to our Platform.
• Location Information. For example, we may collect precise location information from your device. This may include information about your exact location when you use our Platform. We may also collect this information in the background when our mobile applications are not in use. For more information about your options related to the collection of your location information, see the Choices section below.
• Commercial Information. We may collect personal information that could identify you and relates to the products or services in which you are interested, or have considered or purchased.
• Other Information. If you use our website, we may collect information about the browser you are using. We might look at what site you came from, or what site you visit when you leave us. If you use our app, we might look at how often you use the app and where you downloaded it.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
Viking Waffles collects your information in different ways. Below are some examples of how we may collect your information.
• Directly From You. For example, when you:
Register for an account.
Purchase products or services through our Platform.
Sign up to receive promotional communications.
Participate in one of our promotional sweepstakes, contests, surveys, or focus groups.
Use the customer review or related services and features.
Submit a request to our Consumer Service team.
Interact with our social media pages.
Apply for a job through our Platform.
• For example, when you:
Install and use our mobile apps.
Visit and navigate our Platform on any device.
Enable location-based features on our Platform.
Click on sponsored links or third-party advertisements.
We may also collect information about users over time and across different websites, apps and devices when you use the Platform. Third parties also collect personal information this way on our Platform.
• From Third Parties. We may receive information about you from other sources. For example, this may include receiving information from:
Our business partners, including online advertising networks, analytics vendors, and companies that co-sponsor our promotions or help us administer a challenge.
Social media sites, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Snapchat and Instagram.
Third party sites, including those that allow you to integrate your third-party account with your account.
Companies that provide information to supplement what we already know about you, including data aggregators or companies that provide consumer insight services. Certain third parties might link your name or email address to other information they have collected. That might include past purchases made offline or online. It might also include online usage information.
• By Combining Information. For example, we may:
Combine information that we collect offline with information we collect through our Platform.
Combine information we collect about you from the different devices you use to access our Platform.
Combine information we get from third parties with information we already have about you.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
Examples of how we may use your information include:
• To Provide Our Products and Services. This could include fulfilling your requests for products or services. It could also include processing purchases or other transactions.
• To Improve Our Products and Services. We may use your information to make our Platform, products and services better. We may also use your information to customize your experience with us.
• To Understand Your Interests. For example, we may use your information to better understand what products interest you.
• To Respond to Your Requests or Questions. This may include responding to your feedback or notifying you if you win a promotion.
• To Communicate With You. We may communicate with you about your account or our relationship. We may also contact you about this Policy or our Platform terms and conditions.
• To Determine Your Eligibility. We may use your information to verify your identity or determine your eligibility for some of our products, services and promotions. For example, this may include verifying your age, date of birth and state of residence. If you apply for a job through our Platform, we may use this information to evaluate your application.
• For Marketing Purposes. We may provide you with information about new products and special offers. We might use your information to serve you ads about products and offers. We might tell you about new features or updates. These might be third party offers or products we think you might find interesting. We may also use your information to send you electronic communications, including through email or text message. We and our partners may engage in interest-based advertising using information gathered across multiple websites, devices, or other platforms. For more information about your choices related to these communications, see the Choices section below.
• For Security Purposes. This could include protecting our company and consumers who use our products and services. It may also include protecting our Platform.
• To Send Push Notifications. If you use our mobile apps, we may send you push notifications about new products or special offers.
• As Otherwise Permitted By Law or As We May Notify You.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your information in the following ways:
• On our Platform. For example, we may publically display information you post on our social media sites or submit through our customer reviews feature. We may also display information you submit in connection with a promotion.
• With Our Service Providers. We may share your information with third parties who perform services on our behalf. For example, this may include merchandise vendors and payment processors. It may also include companies that send emails on our behalf or help us run our Platform.
• With Our Business Partners. For example, this may include a third party that co-sponsors a contest or promotion or helps us administer a health challenge. We may also share information with social media sites, advertisers, media buying agencies, advertising networks and advertising service providers. We may also share information with companies that help us learn more about our customers.
• With Third Parties for Marketing Purposes. This may include third parties in whose products or services we believe you may be interested. These third parties may also share your information with others. These third parties may use your information for their own marketing purposes or the marketing purposes of others. This may include the delivery of interest-based advertising.
• With Any Successors to All or Part of Our Business or One of Our Brands. For example, if Viking Waffles merges with, acquires or is acquired, or sells a brand or part of its business to another business entity. This may include an asset sale, corporate reorganization or other change of control. We may sell or transfer our customer information as an asset or as part of a larger transaction action.
• To Comply With the Law or To Protect Ourselves. For example, this could include responding to a court order or subpoena. It could also include sharing information if a government agency or investigatory body requests. We might share information when we are investigating a potential fraud. This could include fraud we think has occurred during a sweepstakes or promotion. We may also share information if you are the winner of a sweepstakes or other contest with anyone who requests a winner’s list.
• For Other Reasons We May Describe to You.
CHILDREN UNDER 16
The Platform where this Policy is located are meant for adults. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable data from persons under the age of 16, and strive to comply with the provisions of COPPA (The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act). If you are a parent or legal guardian and think your child under 16 has provided us with information, please contact us. You can also write to us at the address listed at the end of this website Policy. Please mark your inquiries “Children’s Information Request.” Parents, you can learn more about how to protect children's privacy on-line here
CHOICES REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
You have certain choices about how we use your information. Certain choices you make are browser and device specific.
You can opt out of receiving our marketing communications. Note that you will still receive transactional messages from us, including information about your account and responses to your inquiries. To opt out of receiving our marketing communications, you can follow the instructions contained in the communication.
Cookies & Other Tracking Technologies:
For information on our use of tracking technologies, and your ability to control these technologies, or to read our “Do Not Track” policy, please visit our About Ads policy.
Mobile Application and Location Based Services:
• If you have previously opted into Quest’s collection and use of location-based information through our mobile applications, you may opt-out by adjusting the settings on your mobile device.
• You may completely opt-out of all location-based information collection by Quest if you uninstall all Quest mobile apps from your devices.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) requires us to make specific disclosures about how we collect, use and share the personal information of California residents who are subject to CCPA. CCPA also grants such California residents certain rights related to their personal information. This section describes our personal information practices offline and online, and contains these required disclosures and instructions for California residents who wish to exercise their rights under CCPA. However, this section does not apply to our treatment of employment-related personal information or other information that is not subject to CCPA.
• We are required under CCPA to tell you which categories of “personal information” we collect, and which of these categories we disclose for “business purposes” or for “sale” purposes as these terms are defined under CCPA.
In the past 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information from California residents: identifiers; categories of personal information described in subdivision (e) of Section 1798.80, including physical characteristics or description; characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law; commercial information; biometric information; internet or other electronic network activity information; audio, electronic and visual information; professional or employment-related information; education information, geolocation information; and inferences drawn from the categories in this paragraph.
• We may disclose any of the above categories of personal information for “business purposes” as this term is defined in CCPA.
• We may collect personal information as described in the “HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION” section of this Policy
• We may use personal information we collect for “business purposes” and “commercial purposes” as these terms are defined in CCPA. These purposes are as described in the “HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION” section of this Policy.
• We may share personal information we collect with third parties as described in the “HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION” section of this Policy.
• California resident rights under CCPA. Subject to certain exclusions included in CCPA, and as relevant to our operations, California residents have the rights listed below. We may take steps to verify your identity, as permitted or required under CCPA, before we process your request. Verification may include asking you to provide information about yourself that we can match against information already in our possession.
o Notice. This means that you can request that we disclose the categories of personal information we have collected about you; the categories of sources from which such personal information is collected; the categories of personal information we have “sold” or disclosed for a business purpose; the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was “sold” or disclosed for a business purpose; and the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you in the last 12 months.
o Deletion. This means that you can request that we delete personal information about you which we have collected from you.
o Opt-Out. CCPA provides a right to opt-out of the “sale” of personal information as that “sale” is defined in CCPA. However, we do not “sell” California consumer personal information for monetary or other valuable consideration.
o Equal prices and services. This means that we are prohibited from discriminating against you if you exercise your rights under CCPA.
• Agents that you have authorized to act on your behalf may also submit CCPA requests as instructed below. The agent must also provide evidence that they have your written permission to submit a request on your behalf. If we are unable to verify the authenticity of a request, we may ask you for more information or may deny the request.
• California residents who wish to exercise their rights under this section can contact us .Please indicate you are a California resident making a “CCPA” request.
If you reside in California, you have the right to ask us one time each year if we have shared personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
YOUR NEVADA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a Nevada resident, under Privacy and Security of Personal Information Chapter of the Nevada Revised Statutes Section 603A (“603A”), you have the right to submit a verified request to us, directing us not to make any sale of certain “personal information” as defined under this law that we have collected or will collect about you. As of the date of this Policy, we do not knowingly engage in the “sale” of “personal information” of Nevada residents. This statement is based on our understanding of how the term “sale” is defined under 603A as of the date of this Policy. However, Nevada residents who wish to exercise their rights under this section can contact us . Please indicate you are a Nevada resident making a “Nevada Opt-Out” request.
The Internet is not 100% secure. We cannot promise that your use of our Platform will be completely safe. We encourage you to use caution when using the Internet. We use reasonable means to safeguard personal information under our control. A user id and a password are needed to access certain areas . It is your responsibility to protect your username and password.
STORAGE OF INFORMATION
Information we maintain may be stored in or outside of the United States. If you live outside of the United States, you understand and agree that we may transfer your personal information to the United States. This Platform is intended for use in the United States and is subject to the laws of the United States, which may not provide the same level of protections as those in your own country.
Our Platform may contain links to other third party sites that are not governed by this Policy. If you click on a link to a third party site, you will be taken to a site we do not control. We are not responsible for the privacy practices used by third party sites. We suggest that you read the privacy policies of those sites carefully. We are not responsible for these third party sites.
We respect your privacy. We will only use information you provide through the Program to transmit your mobile messages and respond to you, if necessary. This includes, but is not limited to, sharing information with platform providers, phone companies, and other vendors who assist us in the delivery of mobile messages. WE DO NOT SELL, RENT, LOAN, TRADE, LEASE, OR OTHERWISE TRANSFER FOR PROFIT ANY PHONE NUMBERS OR CUSTOMER INFORMATION COLLECTED THROUGH THE PROGRAM TO ANY THIRD PARTY. Nonetheless, We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any law, regulation or governmental request, to avoid liability, or to protect Our rights or property. When you complete forms online or otherwise provide Us information in connection with the Program, you agree to provide accurate, complete, and true information. You agree not to use a false or misleading name or a name that you are not authorized to use. If, in Our sole discretion, We believe that any such information is untrue, inaccurate, or incomplete, or you have opted into the Program for an ulterior purpose, We may refuse you access to the Program and pursue any appropriate legal remedies.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits Users of the Program that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of the information you provide through the Program to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at the following address:
137 avenue C, NY 10009 NEW YORK , firstname.lastname@example.org
If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions, comments or concerns with respect to our privacy practices or this Policy, or wish to update your information, please feel free to contact us .
CHANGES IN POLICY
From time to time, we may change our Policy. We will notify you of any material changes to our Policy as required by law. We will also post an updated copy on our Platform. Please check our Platform periodically for updates.